Given the uncertainty and instability of today’s economic climate, the importance of analysis prior to market entry has never been so important. Centaur Consulting helps you make informed decisions by providing a comprehensive overview of the market, making it possible for you to identify niche opportunities and determine growth prospects. Thanks to our intimate knowledge of local markets, we’ll also identify potential barriers and formal restrictions to entry.
- What is the business potential for my company in African markets?
- How will my company fit within the competitive landscape of the region
- What are the most feasible and attractive ways of entering the region?
If your company is interested in entering the African market, Centaur Consulting offers a wide range of advisory services, ranging from general market intelligence and feasibility assessments of expansion plans, to drafting regional business placement and development strategies.
We prepare a short review of whether it is sensible for your company to be present in your target African country. We ask the fundamental question “Can you make money here?” This approach generates a brief overview of the market structure and major demand stimulators, major market players, pricing strategies and tariffs. All of the findings are channelled into the process of calculating the likelihood of you successfully realising your ambitions. Our ultimate goal is to support our clients in maximising return on investment (ROI) and ensuring they can make informed decisions about their expansion plans.
What’s more, Centaur Consulting has extensive experience of conducting consulting projects in multiple countries at the same time, which means we are able to help those clients seeking to analyse or enter entire regions at a time.
Leveraging our deep capital markets expertise and extensive relationships with financing sources and investors, we provide independent advice on debt capitalization optimization, structuring and placement.
- DIP and exit financing
- “Rescue” financings
- Bank loans
- High yield and mezzanine financing
- Preferred stock
- Private equity
Centaur Consulting offers Project Finance services supported by deep sector knowledge and expertise from a local Sub Saharan African team supported by a specialist global team able to provide support throughout the project lifecycle. The team has a broad range of relationships with potential partners and equity funders on the African continent from the firm’s existing client base which includes some of the largest international infrastructure companies and asset managers. This is complemented by strong relationships with banks, development finance institutions and other multilaterals, together with debt and equity capital markets experience on the African continent.
The Project Finance team offers a full range of services to both private and public sector bodies. Whether you are a public sector procurer of a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) project or a seasoned private sector developer or fund, we aim to complement, not duplicate, your strengths.
- financial modelling: we place financial modelling at the heart of our advisory offering. Our dedicated financial modelling team specialises in building best practice financial models.
- project advisory: we offer a whole life project approach to project finance – from development and financial close to the operational phase of projects.
- renewable energy sector: we provide a full range of bespoke services to developers, funds and banks from the renewable energy sector, drawing on the combined skills and expertise of our energy team focusing on the Wind, Solar, Biomass and energy efficiency sectors.
- energy sector: we provide a full range of bespoke services to developers, funds and banks from the renewable energy sector, drawing on the combined skills and expertise of our energy team focusing on the Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution on the African continent.
We can help you successfully create, integrate and implement your business vision, goals and strategy. Our deep understanding of people, together with our knowledge of business, enables us to impact at every level within an organisation. We will create a tailor made business development package to suit the requirements of your business.
What can we help you with?
- Developing an effective business strategy
- Leadership development
- Executive workshops
- Executive Board facilitation
- Team development
- Business planning and modelling
- Organisational design
- Cultural change
- Programme direction
How does it work?
Strategic consultancy is all about delivering returns to the shareholders. So everything that the business does needs to be aligned to achieve this. Whether this is the vision, strategy or goals of the business or the accountabilities, capabilities, attitude or behaviours of the board, senior leaders or anybody else in the business. So this is our focus, the complete picture. We achieve this through delivering business consultancy in a number of ways including one-to-one meetings, workshops and online media. Each situation is tailored around the requirements of your business and its individuals. The first step is for us to have a conversation to see how we can help.